More than one million children in Gaza deprived of aid for over a month: UNICEF
The blockade of humanitarian aid in the Gaza Strip is having dire consequences for more than a million children, the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) said on Saturday.
The blockade of humanitarian aid in the Gaza Strip is having dire consequences for more than a million children, the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) said on Saturday.
The Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS) on Friday called for urgent answers over the whereabouts of a missing paramedic, coupled with a full independent investigation into the killing of 15 humanitarian workers in Gaza on 23 March.
As Myanmar grapples with the aftermath of a devastating 7.7-magnitude earthquake, its already fragile healthcare system is buckling under the intense strain.
The people of Sudan are trapped in siege-like conditions “with no escape, no hope, and often forced to face unspeakable abuse,” a senior official with the UN International Organization for Migration (IOM) said on Friday in Geneva.
Amid ongoing military airstrikes and growing humanitarian needs following last week’s 7.7 magnitude earthquake in Myanmar, the UN has intensified calls for immediate, unhindered aid access to assist millions affected by the disaster.
Ongoing violence in North and South Kivu in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) continues to kill, injure and displace civilians, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) has warned.
The UN chief on Thursday called for immediate and unrestricted humanitarian access to Myanmar, where last week’s devastating earthquakes claimed over 3,000 lives and left millions in urgent need of aid.
UN Secretary-General António Guterres expressed grave concern on Wednesday over the human toll resulting from the intensified hostilities in Gaza.
Friday’s devastating earthquakes in Myanmar not only caused mass casualties and widespread destruction, they also deepened long-standing gender inequalities – leaving millions of women and girls at heightened risk, UN aid agencies warned on Wednesday.
Two senior UN officials appealed in the Security Council on Wednesday for an end to attacks against humanitarians and personnel working for the global organization.